When patients have a mouth full of failing teeth, or a mouth with only a couple remaining teeth, they often simply resign themselves to eating a soft diet the rest of their life and subtly hiding their teeth (or lack of) when talking.
It’s easy to feel as if you’re alone with your missing teeth, but that’s anything but the case. According to the American College of Prosthodontists, around 40 million Americans are missing all of their teeth.
At Implant Dentistry of Florida, Dr. Brown and our team can change your situation in just a single day. It’s called Teeth in a Day, and it’s the dental equivalent of going from 0 to 60 in a couple seconds in a car. You go from having few or no teeth to having a full smile in just one day!
In June’s two blogs, let’s get into Teeth in a Day at Implant Dentistry of Florida.
What is Teeth in a Day?
Using dental implants to anchor dentures isn’t new, but it has typically involved six to eight implants on each arch. These implants were placed vertically into the jawbone.
Dr. Brown’s Teeth in a Day method requires only four implants per arch. This is possible thanks to the two back implants on each arch. Instead of being placed vertically, these back implants are placed at a 30- to 45-degree angle from the biting plane. Doing this usually precludes the need for bone grafting. Patients who have been missing their teeth for some time usually have lost some jawbone mass, and vertical implant placement often requires grafting to build the bone back up. After the back implants are placed at an angle, the front two implants are placed vertically. This is possible because there is usually less bone loss toward the front of the jaw.
Next, a prosthesis with 10-14 teeth is permanently attached to the four implants on each arch. For these permanent prostheses, the patient can choose between porcelain or composite resin.
What are the benefits of All-on-4 dental implants?
These are amazing procedures that Dr. Brown performs. For a person who has been missing all of his or her teeth, the life changes made by Teeth in a Day implants are hard to sufficiently detail. Instantly the patient can smile confidently, eat a normal diet again, speak more clearly, and feel a real boost in self-confidence.
These are the benefits associated Teeth in a Day at our Melbourne practice:
- Eat a normal, diverse diet without worrying — Because your new teeth are fully anchored into your jawbone, you can now return to a normal diet.
- Return to a confident smile — Your new teeth will function, feel, and look just like natural teeth. Your smile will be back.
Acquire a complete set of fully functioning teeth in a short amount of time — The Teeth in a Day procedure takes around 2.5 hours per arch, and you will have temporary functioning teeth the same day (they will be replaced with your permanent teeth when your implants have fully healed and solidified).
- Chew and bite with confidence — Your anchored new teeth will give you a bite force with 70 percent more power than dentures.
- Teeth for life — Your four or eight implants are permanent, and your new teeth can last the rest of your life.
- Implants without painful bone grafts — If you’ve lost jawbone mass you won’t need to suffer through the bone grafting often required with traditional implants.
- Put an end to further bone loss — Your implants will now transfer bite force energy down into your jawbone. This energy triggers the jawbone to continually create new bone cells, the key to healthy bone mass.
Are you missing all or most of your teeth? You don’t have to live with that oral situation. Call us at Implant Dentistry of Florida, (321) 372-7700, and ask about Teeth in a Day.