On TV, everywhere you look someone’s having a makeover. On this channel it’s a wardrobe makeover. On that one, it’s a home makeover. Over there it’s a style makeover.
What about your smile? Maybe it could use a smile makeover at Implant Dentistry of Florida. Our smile makeovers utilize a variety of procedures and treatments to give our patients a perfect smile.
What is a smile makeover?
Your smile makeover with Dr. Brown and our team at Implant Dentistry of Florida will involve a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures. The end goal is to truly change, or makeover, the patient’s smile.
What are the possible treatments that could make up my smile makeover?
Every smile makeover is unique to the patient’s individual needs, but these are the treatments that could be used.
- Teeth whitening— Using our hydrogen peroxide whitening gels, we return your teeth to their natural color, removing stains from coffee, red wine, and the passage of time.
- Porcelain veneers— Thin shells of porcelain are applied to the fronts of the teeth to give your teeth perfect symmetry and a bright white sheen. You’ll be amazed at the ability of veneers to cover issues such as gaps between teeth or deep staining.
- Tooth-colored fillings— Old silver amalgam fillings are replaced with tooth-colored, basically invisible, composite resin fillings.
- Gum contouring— Gums can be contoured to lengthen the exposed natural tooth structure. Or, receding gums can be brought down using the Pinhole Technique.
- Porcelain crowns— If a tooth has a deep crack or maybe has a large filling that needs replacing, the strength of the tooth is compromised. In these cases, we use a porcelain crown to overlay the entire tooth all the way down to the gumline. Crowns return full strength to a tooth and can be used to change the overall shape of the tooth.
- Dental bonding— For small chips or subtle changes in one or more teeth, we may use dental bonding. For bonding, composite resin is painted on in thin layers and then cured to cover imperfections or change the shape of a tooth. Bonding isn’t a substitute for a full set of porcelain veneers, but it can address smaller issues with a beautiful end result.
- Dental implants— Dr. Brown is a big fan of dental implants as the best method for tooth replacement. Implants feature a titanium implant that is screwed down into the jawbone. The jawbone then grows around the implant, fully incorporating it. A post is attached to the implant with a porcelain false tooth atop that. Implants function exactly like a natural tooth.
Is your smile in need of a makeover? Call us at Implant Dentistry of Florida, (321) 372-7700, to set up a consultation.