In this first blog of 2022, we got into the goals of our smile makeovers at Implant Dentistry of Florida, stuff like alignment and spacing, color, and balance.
In this second January blog, let’s get into the treatments we may use to give you that movie star smile for the New Year.
What procedures are used in our smile makeovers?
We don’t use a pre-set “menu” for our smile makeovers. We consider your personal needs and incorporate the procedures that will give you a dazzling smile. These are the procedures that may or may not be a part of your smile makeover:
- Teeth whitening — Using our hydrogen peroxide whitening gels, we return your teeth to their natural color, removing stains from coffee, red wine, and the passage of time. In most cases, we use our Zoom! in-office whitening treatment for the fastest, brightest results.
- Porcelain veneers — These thin wafers of porcelain are applied to the fronts of the teeth to give your teeth perfect symmetry and a bright white sheen.
- Tooth-colored fillings — Old silver amalgam fillings are replaced with new tooth-colored fillings that are made of composite resin and are invisible once in place.
- Gum contouring — Using a diode soft-tissue laser, we can remove excess gum tissue, making your teeth appear longer and in proportion. The laser not only removes the unwanted tissue, but it also seals the incision instantly, preventing bleeding and vastly decreasing the chances of infection. It also makes the procedure virtually painless afterwards.
- Porcelain crowns — If a tooth has a deep crack or maybe has a large filling that needs replacing, the strength of the tooth is compromised. In these cases, we use a porcelain crown to overlay the entire tooth all the way down to the gumline. Crowns return strength and function to a tooth and can be used to change the overall shape of the tooth. At Implant Dentistry of Florida we have the CEREC system so we can design and fabricate your crown in a single visit!
- Dental bonding — For small chips or subtle changes in one or more teeth, we may use dental bonding. Bonding uses composite resin that is painted on in thin layers and then cured to cover imperfections or change the shape of a tooth. The downside of bonding is that it doesn’t last as long as porcelain veneers.
- Dental implants — Dr. Brown and our team believe dental implants are the superior method for replacing a tooth. Implants feature a titanium implant that is screwed down into the jawbone. The jawbone then grows around the implant, fully incorporating it. A post is attached to the implant with a porcelain false tooth atop that. Implants function exactly like natural teeth.
Now you’re an expert at smile makeovers at our Melbourne practice. Want to spruce up your smile for the New Year? Give us a call at Implant Dentistry of Florida, (321) 372-7700, to schedule a consultation for a smile makeover.