If you’re missing most or all of your teeth, it can be a real drag on your self-esteem. You consciously avoid smiling and opening your mouth so that others can’t see your missing teeth. You likely avoid eating all sorts of foods, even necessary nuts, fruits, and vegetables, simply because you can’t chew them. You may have tried dentures, but their slipping and the way they made your gums hurt didn’t please you.
First thing — know you’re not alone. The American Dental Association estimates that over 40 million Americans are missing all of their teeth.
But it doesn’t have to stay that way. At Implant Dentistry of Florida, Dr. Brown can give you a complete, new smile in just a day with our Teeth in a Day treatment.
What is Teeth in a Day?
Teeth in a Day is an involved treatment where Dr. Brown removes any remaining damaged teeth, and then he uses our digital scanning and software capability to create an image of your entire mouth and upper and lower jaws. From there, he plots the best locations for four dental implants on both the upper and lower jaw. He uses our diagnostic imaging to plot the best locations for these implants.
Next comes the placement of the implants. All eight implant bases are placed, and each has a special abutment (post) that will attach to an artificial full arch of prosthetic teeth to replace both the top and bottom teeth. The final step is to attach temporary full-arch prosthetics. These allow the patient to return home the same day with a full set of working teeth.
While your jawbone gets to work growing around the titanium implant bases, you’ll eat a soft diet for a couple weeks. It will gradually transition to medium consistency foods, but full chewing will take a few weeks.
After a period of time, your jawbone will have fully integrated the eight implants; they are now a part of your jawbone. You return to our beautiful Melbourne offices and Dr. Brown removes your temporary artificial teeth and replaces the upper and lower arches with your completely customized permanent teeth. Your smile will look awesome, and you can now eat all the normal foods you would eat if you had a full set of natural teeth. This is because the eight implants anchoring your artificial arches of teeth provide incredible stability for biting and chewing.
An awesome procedure
Our patients love Teeth in a Day. Here are a few reasons:
These are the benefits associated with Teeth in a Day:
- Eat a normal, diverse diet without worrying — Because your new teeth are fully anchored into your jawbone, you can now return to a normal diet.
- Return to a confident smile — Your new teeth will function, feel, and look just like natural teeth. Your smile will be back.
- Acquire a complete set of fully functioning teeth in a short amount of time — The Teeth in a Day implant procedure takes around 2.5 hours per arch, and you will have temporary functioning teeth the same day (they will be replaced with your permanent teeth when your implants have fully healed and solidified).
- Chew and bite with confidence — Your anchored new teeth will give you a bite force with 70 percent more power than dentures.
- Teeth for life — Your eight implants are permanent, and your new teeth can last the rest of your life.
- Implants without painful bone grafts — If you’ve lost jawbone mass you won’t need to suffer through the bone grafting often required with traditional implants.
- Put an end to further bone loss — Your implants will now transfer bite force energy down into your jawbone. This energy triggers the jawbone to continually create new bone cells, the key to healthy bone mass.
Interested in getting your smile and ability to eat back? Call us at Implant Dentistry of Florida, (321) 372-7700, and ask about Teeth in a Day.