During lockdown and subsequent weirdness, we’ve all been taking inventory of different aspects of our lives. Our smile didn’t get away un-evaluated. Let’s see…That tooth has a chip. There’s that slight gap between the front two teeth. That misshapen tooth’s always been a bother. And I never got around to replacing that one molar I had to have pulled a couple years back.
Hmm. Sounds like a smile makeover could be something to consider. A smile makeover with Dr. Brown and our team at Implant Dentistry of Florida corrects the cosmetic flaws with your teeth and gives you something to smile about. In these days of this virus, that’s at least one thing to feel good about.
In the first blog of this month we addressed some basics of our smile makeovers. In this blog, let’s get into the details.
What are the procedures included in a smile makeover?
Every smile makeover is unique to the patient, a combination of your goals and Dr. Brown/Vaughn/Doan’s expertise. Together, these are the procedures that could be a part of your smile makeover:
- Teeth whitening — At Implant Dentistry we use the Zoom! Teeth Whitening System, a fast, in-office treatment that takes just an hour. This returns the teeth to their natural color, or they can be brightened beyond that. Whitening removes stains from coffee, red wine, and the passage of time.
- Porcelain veneers — These thin shells of porcelain are applied to the fronts of the teeth to give your teeth perfect symmetry and a bright white sheen. You’ll be amazed at the ability of veneers to cover issues such as gaps between teeth or deep staining.
- Tooth-colored fillings — Out with the old silver amalgam fillings, in with tooth-colored, invisible composite resin fillings.
- Porcelain crowns — If a tooth has a deep crack or maybe has a large filling that needs replacing, the strength of the tooth is compromised. In these cases, we use a porcelain crown to overlay the entire tooth all the way down to the gumline. Crowns return full strength to a tooth and can be used to change the overall shape of the tooth. We have the CEREC system so we can place crowns in a single appointment.
- Dental bonding — For small chips or subtle changes in one or more teeth, we may use dental bonding. Bonding uses composite resin that is painted on in thin layers and then cured to cover imperfections or change the shape of a tooth. Bonding isn’t a substitute for a full set of porcelain veneers, but it can address smaller issues with a beautiful end-result.
- Dental implants — Dental implants are the best method for tooth replacement. Implants feature a titanium implant that is screwed down into the jawbone. The jawbone then grows around the implant, fully incorporating it. A post is attached to the implant with a porcelain false tooth atop that. Implants function exactly like a natural tooth.
- Orthodontics — While extensive tooth movement is not considered part of a smile makeover, the closing of small gaps and other minor improvements can be a part of these treatments. We offer Invisalign invisible braces for these treatments.
Just about all of us could use at least one or two of those treatments. So why not give us a call at Implant Dentistry of Florida, (321) 372-7700, and let’s talk about a smile makeover.